Passionaltycrafty

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4th of July Card for "Craft & Crop" at Jo-Anns in Hurst.


I was looking for a card that we could do at the "Craft & Crop" this Saturday and I ran accross a really cute design done by Wendy Weixler from splitcoaststamper.com. I found her on Pinterest. So thanks to inspiration here is the card we will be doing as one of our projects.

This technique she did on her card is called paper pieceing and can be done in many ways and desings. This can be re-created for any occassion, using any themed paper you like.  Since our them this month is 4th of July, Independance Day. I chose Red, White and Blue as our main colors.

The base card done here in red is 8 1/2 X 5 1/2. I used my Martha Steward Scoring tool to score the card at 4 1/4. (Any scoring tool can be used).
The second layer done here in white is 5 14 X 4. Next is the third layer done here in tan, was cut at
5 X 3 1/4. I used a corner punch and cut off one corner (Right top corner).  I took it and ran it though my "Sizzix" Tecture Boutique. (you can use any tecturing tool) I used a little swiss dot pattern. Next, I cut using white 2 1/2 X 4/1/4, then cut in red 2 1/4 X 4 and layered them on top of each other. Then I took two patterned themed pieces of paper and cut three rectangles at 1 X 2 each and centered them on the smaller white and red pieces you just layerd. I then attached this to the tan layer and let each end hang over. Now attach to the larger white piece (5 1/4 X 4). Now take the ribbon of your choice and attach accross the card folding ends under and attach to the back side of white layer. Then attach all that, to the red base card. Next is the star. I cut three, (Blue 3 ", White 1 1/2", and Red 1 1/4"). Layer them on top of each other in that order and find you a cute button. Lay the buttom in the center of your star and make holes to match the holes in the button. Take some string and  run through the Button and the star and tie a bow. Then I used a foam square to attach it making sure you leave room for your quote. You can find any quote and print it, stanp it, or glue it to your card.



Then I cut a white piece of cardstock at 5 1/2 X 4 and attached it to the inside so I could write something special for my friend.
Thank you again Wendy Weixler of splitcoaststamper.com for this wonderful idea. I had a blast creating it with your inspiration.

I would love it if any of you visiting wanted to share your ideas with me. I could post it here for all of our other friend to try out. I love going different places and being inspired by someone else who loves to share with others.

I think we still have a couple of opennings at Jo-Anns in Hurst for our "Craft & Crop" this Sat. June 30 from 6-Midnight. Just bring something you want to work on and an empty stomach!
Hope to see you there!
Marye Bird
Passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com





























No comments:

Post a Comment