Passionaltycrafty

Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's Your Birthday! Just-a-scrappin Design Team Project

This is for Linda, over at Just-a-scrappin. Happy Birthday Linda
She loves blue, and ribbon and bling! So I created this cute and very easy to do card just for her.


I cut this cute card from my Cricut Events cartridge called "Bridal Shower" I love the decorative top edge.


I just purchased this K&company two sided paper pack on clearance at my Jo-Anns', called "Poppy Seeds"

I cut a  square of the blue patterned side 1/4 inch smaller then the card.Then I turned the paper over and cut another square 1/4 inch smaller and layered that in center of the  blue, Then I took a scrap of the paper and free cut around one of the flowers and used a circle stencil to cut a circle slightly larger then my flower, and used the same scrap to cut out just the center of the flower. I attached the circle with glue and then used foam squares to attach the flower and again to attach the center of the flower and I added a large glitter sticker to the center of that. I printed out a sweet quote "I am so glad it is your Birthday. I have another year to get to know you better." I attached the quote to my same scrap of paper, cut a frame around it and attached it to a solid blue scrap and cut a frame around it. I used a foam square cut in half put half on each end and attached it to my card. I has some pretty sheer blue ribbon I wrapped around and tied in a bow. I cut a square piece of the opposite side of the paper and attached it to the inside of my card so that it hung over a little and showed through when the card is shut. It came out so sweet. I hope Linda likes it, and I hope you like it too.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment