Passionaltycrafty

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Design Team project for February 14th

The Just-a-scrappin Design Team was asked to create a Valentine project. Anything goes but no red. This is a card that we just did for Januarys' Craft & Crop Night at Jo-Anns'.
This cute gate fold card has a two layer band around it. Then a pretty white ribbon and in the center is a bunch of hearts, two layered circles and a white pearl sticker.

When you take off the decorative band, the inside has a pink layer in center of the grey card and a 1/4 inch smaller white piece of card stock that I have stamped along the bottom. This card was created for a class I was doing at Jo-Ann's. I thought it was different.

The band was created from a dark pink strip of card stock and them I took another light pink strip and stamped both sides and then free cut around the hearts. Then the heart bouquet was created using the same stamp from Inkadinkado. It is a double heart design. The pigment ink was from Hampton art.
This was different for me because I don't work much with stamps so this was a fun learning experience for me. Hope you liked it.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I really like how you used the stamps and created an elegant band for the card. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful-I love the heart flower & border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card! I have always loved the gate fold on cards. Love that heart border too!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card I just love the floral theme to the card the colors work great with each other. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice gate fold card with band. I love the elegant, simplicity of your card. TFS

    ReplyDelete