Passionaltycrafty

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February "Craft & Crop"


Ok, I know you ladies are waiting to see what we will be working on for February and here is the pages. Remember we work a month in advance, so we will be doing our St. Patrick's Day page and I have not yet finished the craft and card yet. But as soon as I do I will post it.

 I was inspired by this wooden wall plaque I found at Jo-Ann's in the seasonal section. I came home and starting thinking of ways I could recreate this cute Angel using my Cricut and other supplies I had on hand. And her it is. It came out so cute.

I used some glitter paper I thought I would never use. I used my favorite Martha Stewart punch, I had to draw freehand the angels dress I could not find a similar cut in any of the cartridges I owned. I cut white clovers and used my Sizzix Texture Boutique and textured them and then used an ink pad of green for one and rust for the one hanging from the angel. I used green around the phrase "Irish Blessings" and punched holes in each hand and the clover, ran a string through all and used a green bead to keep the string from pulling through. I took the scraps from the glitter paper and cut the diamond shape designs out and glued them along the bottom of the dress. She has a halo of white glitter paper and I used scraps for the trim on her sleeves.
I used green ink around the phrase "Irish Blessings" and punched holes in each hand and the clover, ran a string through all and used a green bead to keep the string from pulling through. I took the scraps from the glitter paper and cut the diamond shape designs out and glued them along the bottom of the dress. She has a halo of white glitter paper and I used scraps for the trim on her sleeves. She has goggle eyes and a sheer ribbon bow at the neck.
 
 
Page two, I used some last years clover ribbon that was just waiting in my ribbon box. I made a smaller version of the angel head, hair and sleeves, attached them above the picture frame. I found this darling Irish Blessing and framed it a couple of times. Cut out letters for St. Patrick's Day and framed it and them placed the other white clover.
 
 

Here is a view of the hanging clover


Here is a view of the smaller angel over the picture frame on page two.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did creating it. Join me and the other ladies at February's "Craft & Crop" at Jo-Ann's in Hurst. It is across from the North East Mall. You can sign up over the phone if you can't get in. But remember the spots go fast and they are limited. Hope to see you there.

Marye Bird

Passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

Visit me often. You can even follow me if you like.








No comments:

Post a Comment