Passionaltycrafty

Monday, February 25, 2013

Fun Project for a Special Gift

This is the craft that we created for Feb. Craft & Crop. I created the picket fence box from page 45 of the Cricut cartridge "Wrap It Up". After the ladies glued it all together we ran some ribbon through the picket fence and ending up in the middle of one side of the picket fence, we tied the ribbon in a knot. Some did a bow.
 
 

I found a flat of these miniature Daffodils and gave one to each of the ladies who came as a gift to add to their little box. It looks so cute! And they loved it.




Then I created a scalloped circle with a fiskar's paper punch out of plan green card stock and another one smaller with green glitter paper, layered them on top of each other. Then I cut a clover from my favorite cartridge, Paper Doll Dress Up, and attached it to the center with a foam square to give it that 3-D look. Then topped it off with a green pearl sticker. I punched a whole at the top of the plan green circle and ran some ribbon for decoration.



On the back I attached a miniature clothes pin so you can take it off the planter and wear it on St. Patrick's Day because you know if you forget to wear green that day you will get a pinched by everyone who notices.
You could make this cute box in bright pastels for a Easter center piece or gift for someone at work or close friend. Add some Easter grass and a couple of plastic eggs with goodies inside. They would be  a big hit. I thought about making them for my Sunday school class. Wouldn't that be fun!
I hope you like this project and try it for yourself.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com



2 comments:

  1. So lovely. Daffodils are my birthday flower and I am Irish so this is an awesome project to me.Thanks for joining us at My Paper Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! How cute your daffodils look in the box, I bet everyone loved them! How could they not?! Thanks for joining us at My Paper Crafting Cricut Challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete