Passionaltycrafty

Friday, March 15, 2013

Craft & Crop at the Bird House

 
I finally fished the craft we will be doing on March 23 at my home. Here it is. I found this lovely little basket over at preciousscraps.blogspot.com. Designed by Claire Brennan in 2009. She also has a blog waltzingmouse.blogspot.com
 
 You can go there and see hers, I have changed mine up a little to fit my needs and tools I have available. I used a pattern that she provided along with Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge and Flower Shoppe Cricut Projects cartridge. I used my favorite Martha Stewart punch for the yellow part where the basket sits in and a nesting die from Spellbinders to make the pretty yellow base that it all sits on. With Planting schoolbook I cut the circles and used a Fiskar hand punch to cut the scalloped circles. You could do that with a cricut cartridge also. I used a pair of Fiskar pinking sheers to make the zig zag pattern in the inner basket piece and the larger strip for the handle


 The flowers come with a hole in the center when you cut them out so you can layer them with a brad. I had some large brads with a colored rhinestone in the center


 Here are the two cartridges I used. Plantin Schoolbook is one of my most used because it has a basic font and most of the common shapes such as circles oval square rectangle etc. I have used Flower Shoppe quite a few times for the cool flowers you can make.


I really love this craft and was so glad to find it. Thanks to Claire Brennan I am able to share it with my friends at Craft & Crop at the Bird House.
Marye Bird
passionaltycrafty.blogspot.com

1 comment: