Passionaltycrafty

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Craft & Crop projects for March

Here is the card we will be creating for our Craft & Crop at my house.

This is another recycle project. I had purchased some wedding invitations from Walmart 2 years ago. 50 of them for $8.00. I simply used my Martha Stewart scoring board and folded them in half. I used the Event Cartridge "Wedding Shower" and cut the decorative pink card shape that was there. I cut it 1/4 inch smaller in white and then used my Texture Boutique and a Swiss dot patterned folder and textured it. I printed "Have a Blessed Easter" and then used a Fiskar paper punch to punch out the quote and then used a ink pad around the edges. I used a simple desk paper punch to make two holes next to each other and ran the lace ribbon through them and tied a bow. Then I used my Cricut again and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and cut the different shape flowers and the leaves out of scraps of paper. Then I added some green peal stickers left over from our St. Patrick's Day page to accent the center of some of the flowers. The eggs came from Doodlecharm cartridge. I used a line patterned glitter paper for the eggs so they would have a pretty pattern when they were cut.
So, the lace ribbon, the flowers, the pearl stickers, the card base, the ink pad were all left over items from other craft projects recycled to create a new one. Remember to always check out the clearance section of the stores you shop at. I have used these wedding cards for multiple projects and still have enough to use again and again. Save all your left over paper scraps and any embellishments you have not used, there will come a time.
Hope you enjoyed this card, you know I love making them. I will post the pages for March as soon as I create them. I have a couple of cute ideas I will be incorporating into your new pages.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment