Passionaltycrafty

Friday, August 3, 2012

Celebrate "Love" Banner

Hi,
It's Marye from Design Team #2, the challenge was "Celebration" My favorite celebration would be to celebrate Love, Love of God, Love of family, Love of Life, Love of Crafts, Love of Friends. So I have created a "LOVE" Banner in celebrations of all of these things. We were to make a card, layout, or 3-D project. I chose a 3-D Project.



Materials needed:

Two 12 X12 sheets of white card stock

Two 12X12 sheets of card stock blue with white dots

Two 12X12 sheets of pink card stock

Two 12X12 sheets of "White washed" card stock named (Corner Hutch) pink

One 12X12 sheet of Gemstone "Diamond Pink card stock

Coordinating ribbon (long enough to tie bows on all four letters).

4 half pearls

Foam squares

glue of your choice

3 inch wide ribbon of choice to string banner from.



Instructions:
Banner layers were created using the Cricut cartridge Cake Basics, Page 33.
I cut the <Frame1> using the gray button "Base shadow Blackout" with white card stock 4 times at 5 inches.
For the second layer I cut the card stock 4 times "blue with white dots" at 4 3/4.
The third layer was cut with the same settings and solid pink card stock 4 times at 4 1/4 inches.
Finally using the pink "White Washed" card stock 4 times, same settings but changing the size to 4 inches.

Then ran it through my Sizzix "Texture Boutique".
(you can use any texturing tool).
Next I made the letters.
First I cut the regular Letters using the Cricut cartridge "Plantin Schoolbook" and the patterned paper with coordinating colors .
I cut L O V E at 3 inches. Then I used the pink Gemstone card stock and cut the same letters at the same size but cut them with the gray button labeled "Shadow".
I then layered the letters cut with patterned card stock on to the solid letters cut with shadow .
Glue the base (white card stock) and the layer with blue and white dots together, then take the pink layer and use foam squares and add it . Then glue the white washed layer with texturing next. Now take the letters and using foam squares attach them to each banner piece. Next, you can tie bows with your ribbon and add the half pearls to the center of the bows.

It is so cute! And so fun to create. Hope you enjoyed it.
Marye Bird



5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! You took the one I wanted from the store. =) Are we going to make this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rita, Yes, we will use it as one of the crafts for "Craft & Crop" at Jo-Anns Aug.25th. I will be using different papaer. I created this with paper from home and could not find it there. Have you decided on a dish to bring yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute banner Marye! I love the way you incorporated the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on your banner! I think it is very cute!

    ReplyDelete