Passionaltycrafty

Monday, August 20, 2012

Blessed with "Signs of Full"


Blessed with “Signs of Full”

Baby Shower Invitation



I started off using my Martha Stewart scoring board, (one of my favorite tools). It comes with instructions on how to make a Gate Fold card. It will end up a 4 ¼ inch by 5 ½ inch card that will open from the center instead of the side or bottom. I love this style of card you can do so many cute things with them.

Next I used my computer and printer and typed Blessed with “Signs of Full” and the Bible Verse from Psalms 139:13-14. Then I took the Blessed phrase and framed it in dark green then again with lighter green and attached it to the top of the right front flap of the card. Then I took the Bible verse and framed it with dark green. I cut one white square ¼ inch smaller then the inside of the card and attached it in the center, then used scrap pieces of the patterned paper I had left and made two more frames and attached them in the center of the white one. Then took the Bible verse and centered it from top to bottom. Then I added some leaves for embellishment that I cut from Cricut Cartridge “Plantin Schoolbook” at ½ inch.





I used Cricut Cartridge “New Arrival” page 82 and cut the regular cut <mommy> at 5 inches with peach colored cardstock and then <mommy-s> with patterned cardstock at 5 inches. I cut it a second time using a different patterned paper to coordinate the cloths and accessories, then one more time with gold cardstock for the blond hair.  I tied 1/8 inch green ribbon around the bodice of the dressand the handle of the purse. Then cut a piece of cardstock to make the band on the hat. Then I used two small black brads on the hat and purse flap. Then I used more leaves to trim the bottom of the card. This card was just too much fun and we are actually going to give it to my granddaughter’s Sunday school teacher during her baby shower. 



You can see that the tummy sticks out past the center opening.
I hope you enjoyed this card and try making it, you will love it.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Love the sentiment. The recipient will love this card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete