Passionaltycrafty

Friday, July 25, 2014

"Craft & Crop" At the Bird House Christmas in July

Here we go with our second year of Christmas in July. Here is the card I have made to share with the ladies. Can't wait to see with what they have come up with.

I found these pre-cut cards from Studio B at Walmart. The holes were already in the cards, I just cut my ribbon (1/8 inch) red ribbon threw them and when they meet in the right center I tied a bow. I hadsome red metallic sheets from Martha Stewart Craft Designer paper pad (Christmas) patterns and cut a square, then white card stock 1/4 inch smaller and layerd on top, then a strip of the red metallic scraps and layered that. Then I took a Martha Stewart Snowflake trim punch and cut a piece to fit in the scrap strip and added little rhinestones to that.
I cut the greenery for the nest and the red Cardinal from Cricut Cartridge, "Winter Woodland". I purchased the little snow flake buttons from Jo-Ann's.


Once I finished decorating the red metallic layered square, I used foam square stickers to attach it to the white card.

On the inside I cut and framed this wonderful poem that this lady's sister wrote for her. Remember to always give credit to the original author of any quote or poem you use in your creations. I hope you  like it. I think it turned out great. I would be happy to find this in my mail box. Can't wait to see you ladies tomorrow at 6:30 at the Bird House. I still have a couple of openings if you know someone who would like to come. They won't be expected to make cards at this late date but they will get some to create.
call for my address if you decide you would like to come. 817-595-528412 leave a message and I will call you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment