Passionaltycrafty

Friday, July 6, 2012

"Vacation Time"


OK Ladies, here it is "Vacation Time" I used one of my favorite Cricut Cartridges "Life's A Beach" I started with page 44 and cut the sun at 3 inches, then cut the sun again using the layers button and same size.

Next I took brown paper and ripped across the sheet at around 2 1/2 inches to create the beach and cut another brown piece to make the hill for the light house. I cut the seagulls at 4 inches.  The larger umbrella was cut at 4 inches with white paper and again using the layers button and green paper. The pail and the beach ball were done in white at 1 inch and then again with the gray layers button in in green.
 


Next I went to page 79 and cut the light house at 8 inches. Use black paper to cut the regular cut, then changed to white paper and pushed repeat last. I used the black as the frame of the light house and took the scrap pieces from the white light house and glued them in the empty spaces as shown. Then I used Blue paper and cut using the layers button and added them.



 To create the Scripture. (Psalms 139: 17-18) I printed it on white card stock added the cute little crab icon and cut it into a square shape the size I wanted, then I framed it in dark green, again in blue, then in white, and last in light green. And there you have it.

The frames were a little tricky. I cut the picture frame on page 45 and cut the back side off. I framed each one with blue and then used some scrap left over from some blue waves I cut from another project. I just added them to the bottom of the white picture frame.



I used the font cartridge "Jubilee Celebration" and cut the letters regular at 1 1/4 in orange , then again with the shadow button and green paper, after layer them, I glued them to white pieces of card stock and cut squares around them , then framed them with blue scraps  They were attached using foam squares.


The lifeguard chair was cut at 4" in white and again using the layers button and green paper. I cut layers a second time with blue to get the blue for the umbrella at the top of the chair. The round float was cut from white paper at 1" and I used acid free blue ink to detail it. The crab was cut at 1 1/4 inches

So there you have it.
Marye Bird
Just-a-scrappin Second Design Team
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely layout Marye! I have Life's a Beach but have not taken the time to explore it yet! Thanks so this layout, Im getting to exploring it very soon!

    Blessings,
    Melitta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! It is so fresh. The frames are fantastic.
    Well done!
    BusyBucharoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're hired! I want you teach me how to use my cricut to full potential! Just teasing, but wow, I was blown away by this LO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed making these pages and using Life's a Beach cricut cartridge. I will be creating these pages for the July 28th "Craft & Crop" at Joanns in Hurst.

    ReplyDelete