Passionaltycrafty

Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Glitter & Shine" DT#2

"Glitter & Shine"
Since I created "Vacation Time" scrapbook pages for my last project, I decided to create a card for this times project "Glitter & Shine".



I wanted to share a new type of Cricut cartridge called "Events". They are in a box like the original cartridges but have only 50 cuts like the seasonal cartridges. This on is great! The name of the one I am using is called "Baby Shower" It has some really cute and cool cuts on it. You can create anything you could need to plan a baby show. You can use a lot of them and change the theme even. There are some cards, boxes and more.

I started off using Die Cut With a View (DCWV) "Spring Fling Stack", to cut the card. It is a shimmer paper. On page 12 you will find the card. I cut <Card1> at 4 1/4 inches. (I love this card).


The next layer is on the same page directly below the card and I cut it at <Card1Lr1> at 4 1/2 inches using the silver glitter paper from DCWV Glitter pack, next, I cut it again at 4 1/4 inches with paper from EKsuccess/Martha Stewart "Happy Birthday" pack. I layered them using foam squares. Next I cut the cupcakes and word "Party" from another page out of  EKsuccess/Martha Stewart "Happy Birthday" pack and the pink glitter paper came from there also. I framed the work party using all three colors and did the same for the cupcakes. I used a corner punch for the cupcakes. I used foam squares for the cupcakes and glued them to the card.

I used foam squares for the green layer on the word "Party" and in between silver and patterned layer on the base card. This is a good example of using this "Events" cartridge for a variety of events.
I had fun trying a new cartridge and all these different papers and it gave me a chance to share something with you again. I am truly blessed to be a part of Just-a-scrappin Design Team. Thanks again
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com
Just-a-scrappin Design Team #2

51 comments:

  1. The shape of this card is so unique and adorable. This cartridge is a must! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly, I do love the card shape.

      Delete
  2. Love this and I have this cart too and didnt realize it had these cuts on them so thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear you have this cartidge. There are some other real cool cuts on this cartridge.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, for the kind words. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. I like this card nice way to even to an invite to a party great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was please how cute it turned out.

      Delete
  5. This is the best card. Looks like it was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast making it. I had some left over sheet of cupcakes from this pack and that was the inspiration.

      Delete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! Love all the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole. I am making the same card for my Craft& Crop night at Jo-Anns. They will love putting it together.

      Delete
  7. The glitter is fabulous. Love the card. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara, thank you for your feed back. I am new at this and was curious a couple of people had TFS at the end of their comments. What does that stand for? I am glad you liked the card.

      Delete
  8. Great card. TFS

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com
    lebpab21408atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Very fun. I love the colors and yes, all the glitter and shine! I like the card cut. Sometimes we, as crafters, get stuck in our ways...the standard square or rectangular card. It is nice to use the card feature on the carts. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sent me the cartrige for a demo at work and when I noticed the card, that was the start. then the cute scrap of paper with the cupcakes to over. I am happy you like the card. It was too fun to create.

      Delete
  10. Love it, what an amazing card and so much fun. Great for a summer party, ice cream sundae party. Might have to try and make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria, it was a lot of fun to create. I am so happy you liked it.

      Delete
  11. Really sweet! Love the layering.
    busybucharoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy! I am so happy you liked the card. When people comment on your projects. that makes it all worth while. Thank you

      Delete
  12. There is no shortage of glitter and shine on this project!!! I also love how you use a shaped card. I have got to start doing that more :)

    TFS!
    Bridget
    NermalJuly14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bridget, I am happy you liked my card. Yes it did turn out cute.

      Delete
  13. I love shaped cards, and this one is very pretty!

    Sheri R

    sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card. laurie susen hiddenoaks@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card. I love it. I think I need another cart. now.
    Christy - chagen315 at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it girl. Thank you Christy for your comments. I loved creating it.

      Delete
  16. this is adorable! thanks for sharing!

    forpahl5atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, wow, just WOW!!! I love that card. I love all things sparkly and your card takes the cake.

    I am a new follower.

    Bonnie J
    bjohn3237 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is so great, and the card was alot of fun to create. Thank you for becoming a follower. I hope you will enjoy future projects.

      Delete
  18. This is a great card! Love the glitter.
    Sharon
    rsb0528@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I am so glad I could share it with you.

      Delete
  19. I love making glitter paper it makes everything pop - nice colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran, I was not a big fan of glitter paper until I experimented with this card. It is Just-a-scrappin's fault. They requested it. But now I have a new experience to thank them for. I am glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  20. Thanks for your great post. the pictures were so explanatory. i am a new GFC follow as Marianne Barkman


    mitziUNDERSCOREwanhamATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I try to explan it as though I were the person reading it. this was a great experience. I am glad to share it with you.

      Delete
  21. I love the cupcakes! The glitter is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, it was the cup cake that did it! So happy you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  22. Wow love your instructions, and the use of the glitter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am so delighted that you like it. Thanks for your comments. It makes me feel good to share.

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Hey Debbie, Thanks for the comments. They are pretty. I am glad you enjoyed the card. It was fun to create.

      Delete
  24. What a fun shaped card - thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leisa for taking the time to comment. I am glad you enjoyed the card.

      Delete
  25. Oh this is just beautiful!!!!!


    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete