Passionaltycrafty

Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Glitter & Shine" DT#2

"Glitter & Shine"
Since I created "Vacation Time" scrapbook pages for my last project, I decided to create a card for this times project "Glitter & Shine".



I wanted to share a new type of Cricut cartridge called "Events". They are in a box like the original cartridges but have only 50 cuts like the seasonal cartridges. This on is great! The name of the one I am using is called "Baby Shower" It has some really cute and cool cuts on it. You can create anything you could need to plan a baby show. You can use a lot of them and change the theme even. There are some cards, boxes and more.

I started off using Die Cut With a View (DCWV) "Spring Fling Stack", to cut the card. It is a shimmer paper. On page 12 you will find the card. I cut <Card1> at 4 1/4 inches. (I love this card).


The next layer is on the same page directly below the card and I cut it at <Card1Lr1> at 4 1/2 inches using the silver glitter paper from DCWV Glitter pack, next, I cut it again at 4 1/4 inches with paper from EKsuccess/Martha Stewart "Happy Birthday" pack. I layered them using foam squares. Next I cut the cupcakes and word "Party" from another page out of  EKsuccess/Martha Stewart "Happy Birthday" pack and the pink glitter paper came from there also. I framed the work party using all three colors and did the same for the cupcakes. I used a corner punch for the cupcakes. I used foam squares for the cupcakes and glued them to the card.

I used foam squares for the green layer on the word "Party" and in between silver and patterned layer on the base card. This is a good example of using this "Events" cartridge for a variety of events.
I had fun trying a new cartridge and all these different papers and it gave me a chance to share something with you again. I am truly blessed to be a part of Just-a-scrappin Design Team. Thanks again
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com
Just-a-scrappin Design Team #2