Passionaltycrafty

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

“Touchdown” Design Team’s Sept. Challenge

Over at Just-a-scrappin, they ask for Design Team 2 of which I am one, to make a project using the theme “Touchdown”.  So here you go.

"Touchdown"
 
 
 
 
I started with card stock and cut it @ 8 ½ X 5 ½ . This will give you a folded card 4 ¼ X 5 ½.  Then I took a (scrap) piece of blue card stock and cut it @ 3 ½ X 4 ½. Next I took a (scrap) piece of green cardstock cut @ 3 3/8 X 4 3/8. I then used my Sizzix Texture Boutique and a Pok-a-Dot folder and textured the green piece. I layered them on my card at the top right leaving ¼ inch on top and side. Next, I took my Cricut “Sports Mania” and cut from page 76. The football @ 4 inches I cut the regular in brown textured cardstock and then again using the gray bottom “Shadow” and white cardstock. I layered them and attached them to the upper corner of the green textured frame as shown.
 I found a cute prayer on line called “The Football Players Serenity Prayer”. By Carol Catiller and printed it on white paper, cut square and framed with Brown, Green, and blue (scraps) of cardstock. Then I used foam squares to attach it to the lower left corner of the card leaving ¼ inch on bottom and side.
 I had some large brads that I bought two years ago on clearance with letters on them. I used those t spell out the name.
I love how you can use things around you craft area to create some really cool projects. Cards are especially good projects to help you save money and use up some of the   scraps you have been collecting. I save everything large enough to use with a punch. You can create a file for each color so you cut down your search time and you are not so temped to just grab another new piece of paper.
 
Well that’s that. Hope you love this card as much as I loved creating it. I know it will give you some ideas for the game season.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment