Passionaltycrafty

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18th Design Team Project "Sympathy"

 
 
 
Just-a-scrappin has asked the Design Team to create a project with the theme of "Sympathy" using a gate Fold Card and a punch. I used my favorite Martha Stewart punch to trim my card. I used another Fiskar corner punch on the frame of the Bird House that was created with my Cricut Cartridge "Cindy Loo".
 
 
 

 Inside the gate fold card I printed with my computer part of a verse from the Bible, John 11:23-26 and framed it a couple of times with coordinating card stock and left room below that to sign the card.


Here are the directions.
Cut an 8 1/2X5 1/2 piece of card stock for the card base. I used my Martha Stewart Score board and scored it at 2 1/8and again at  6 3/8. Fold at both score marks to center of card. Using "Cindy Loo" Cricut cartridge, cut all 3 layers of Bird House at 3 inches and glue them on top of each other, then glue the bird house in center of frames as shown above. I attached the framed birdhouse to the left lower portion of the card with foam squares being careful not to attach the right side so you can open the gate. I printed the quote and framed it too. Again using foam squares to attach only the left side so you can still open the card. On the inside I attached the frame with the verse at the top portion of the inside of the card leaving room at the bottom for signatures. I hope you enjoy this card.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Great card design-I love the Cindy Loo cart also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! I love the bright colors!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete