Passionaltycrafty

Saturday, May 10, 2014

May "Craft & Crop" Card Project

OK ladies, here is the cutest card yet. This card was inspired by Bronwyn Eastley from addinktivedesins.blogspot.com. I made them two different ways just by turning the note cards around. Her sample was done with the note card side ways to make the squaty looking Owl. I like that one the best, but some may like the taller owl. So I am showing both. You can make your own choice.

 You can see the difference here, I love the tubby one best.

This cutie is made with 3 Top note card die cuts I found mine on Cricut Cartridge "Storybook" and cut it at 5 3/4 ". The feet and beak are heart shapes that can be found on many cartridges or just make your own pattern. I used Cricut cartridge "Graphically Speaking" for all the rest of these cuts. The beak is 3/4"  heart and the feet are 1 3/4  hearts and you will need 4 of them. The wings are scalloped circles that you can find on many cartridges or use a stencil and cut them at 1 3/4" the tummy is a circle cut 2 1/2 " with patterned paper and the white of the eyes are same circle cut at 1 1/2", the blue part of the eye is 1 1/4" and the black of the eye is  1". If you want the droopy eye look you make a circle 1 1/2 inch out of the body color of your owl and cut it in half. This is so cute. I saw one that she cut in half and attacted them to the front and back of a paper bag that was trimmed down to make a gift bag. I love that idea too.


 I will post the craft project and pages soon. Looking forward to getting together.
Thank you Bronwyn Eastley for sharing this wonderful project with others and I will pass it on.

If you are interested in joining us for May 24 "Craft & Crop" Night at the Bird House, please email me to reserve a place. Here are the ladies I have so far. If you are not on the list and wish to be, let me know ASAP. I have 4 spots left.
For reserving seats bdmebird@yahoo.com leave your name and email address please so I can let you know that I have reserved your seat.

Candi S.
Debbie Y.
Sue P.
Rita F.
Carman E.
Pam H.
Deniz A.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment