Passionaltycrafty

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I'm Back! "Craft & Crop" at the Bird House!

We have a brake from our trips back and forth to MD Anderson in Houston and I want to thank all of my friends and family for their paryers and encouragement. Please continue to lift us up.

I am raring to get back to crafting with my friends. This will be our Craft for January 25th "Craft & Crop" event.
This is so cute, You can put this on your front door or on any wall in the house. I made one and hung it up at work. Everyone who sees it loves it.
 
 

I added chipboard to the back of each piece to make it sturdy enough to stand up to the weather if you want to put it on your front door. I embossed each of the scalloped circles with a different patterned embossing folder and my little Sizzix Embossing Boutique, it is the one that looks like a little purse. I love it.
 

I used my favorite tool, My Cricut Expressions (the first one) to cut all the pieces for this project except the flower on "E" and the little butterflies, these were done with a punch.
 

I added a little ribbon and a cute pink button to this one. I think I might add some more bling to it.
 
 

I put the the scalloped circles in the wrong order so the "E" does not show up very well. But it is still sweet and can be seen better in reality then in this photo.

Instructions for this project
The scalloped squares are made with Accents Essentials page 78 at 4 1/2" I cut 4 of them in chipboard and 4 in solid card stock. (Red, White, Black, and Pink)
I glued the wide ribbon between two of them.
next, the patterned square I cut from Accents Essentials page 59 at 3 3/4", I used 4 different patterns of paper.
Now, I cut the scalloped circles from Accents Essentials page 62 3 1/2" 4 of them (Red, White, Black, and Pink) I added brown ink to the edges of all but the black one.  I embossed each one in a different patterned folder and then used foam squares for that 3-D look.
The letters for the word "LOVE" was cut using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and I cut them (Red, White, Black, and Pink) and attached them next.
I used a Fiskar punch for the flowers on Letter "E" and Fiskar Butterfly punch and punch it from Gold glitter paper. I added a rhinestone brad to the center of the flower.
The letter "V" has a black and white ribbon with a button sticker on it.
The letter "O" has 3 white pearl stickers, another gold butterfly and the hearts were cut from Planitin Schoolbook, one is the regular heart (cut at 1 1/4")and one was cut using Italic gray button at 2 ".
The letter "L" has 3 rhinestones and the flower was cut from Plantin Schoolbook page 76 I used the Italic gray button and cut them at 1 1/4, 1" and 1/4 inches and them added a brad to the center.
I will be hanging mine to the front door of my home and you can see one at JoAnn's hanging from the Pintrest display at the front of the store.
Hope you have enjoyed this and I will be posting the card and pages we will be doing soon.
Looking forward to seeing you at my home for "Craft & Crop" at the Bird House.
Remember if you need to reserve a spot, contact me ASAP.
bdmebird@yahoo.com I have a couple of spot left but they are going fast!
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment