Passionaltycrafty

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September "Craft & Crop at the Bird House Craft Project

I have seen a lot of Paper Bag albums, and I have never made one before. They always made me think of a kids craft project. Something that I would have done with my Girl Scout Troop in the past. Then a new friend of mine said that she wanted to learn how to make one. So I went on line and watched a couple of videos and still was not happy with the way they looked. I have made lots of albums in the past and decided to add the chipboard cover to one and so glad I did. This looks so nice for a paper bag album.

To decorate the cover, I used a Stampin' Up set that I purchased from a friend (Candi). I stamped the flower on teal and rust card stock and then fuzzy cut around it. I did the same with the stamp used for the center of the flower and then attached them with foam squares to give them and the quote I framed that 3-D look. I also used a stamp (Camera) I purchase from the $1.50 bin at Micheal's Crafts. I stamped the camera on white card stock and then cut around it, chalked it and framed it. I printed the quote on my printer and cut around it and then framed it multiple times with different color card stock scraps and attached to the front.

Here is an over view so you can see the bags and how I used them.

 


Here you can see that the album is about 2 inches thick.



 This is the first page as you open the album. You can see where I glued the bags together at the bottom flaps, I attached only the top and bottom so that I had a pocket for a photo mat.

Here is a view so you can see inside the bags where I have slipped photo mats in each page.


Here are the pages after I decorated each one.

 The theme was Selfies, and I found some sweet quotes to go along with it.


This would be a great album for a teen starting High School or Junior High, all the photos that they take together with their friends.


I used K&Company Paper packs that I picked up last year from Tuesday Morning, one of my favorite places to shop for craft supplies.


Here I tried to show you that you can slide a photo mat in each fold of the album pages where the bags are attached. There are places for 29 photos, you could even add more if you wish.


I also used my the Stampin' Up flower kit to stamp this little butterfly here and there.


I used this cute flower stamp that I decorated the front cover and stamped it here and there.


The flower stamp is in two separate stamps and I used just the flower center stamp here.

This was a really fun project for me. It is very simple to create. I hope those who have signed up for Sept. "Craft & Crop" will enjoy making it.
Remember, if you have signed up and decide you can not make it, text me so I can move someone on the waiting list into your seat.
Can't wait to see you all.
Marye Bird
Passionatlycraftty.blogspot.com
817-999-8223



No comments:

Post a Comment