Passionaltycrafty

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September "Craft & Crop at the Bird House Card Project

I found the idea for this card when I worked at Brookdale in some really old craft stuff that was being thrown out.  It was the size of a gift card, but I decided with some tweaking, I could make a regular card from the design. I wish I could give credit to the designer, but have no idea who this person was.  



The card base for this project is an envelope. You can use any size, that will determine what the end size will be. I used an 8 3/4 X 5 3/4 envelope. I purchased these a couple of years ago from Walmart. They were boxes of wedding invitations you print your info on. They were in the clearance Isle. I saw some there a few days ago but, I still have plenty. I have used these a couple of times for projects and I paid $1.50 for 50 ct. boxes. 

Starting with the envelope I scored in on each side, then cut the sections at the left and right top of the flap just into the score mark, at a angle. then I cut 2 pieces of patterned paper in a square, and lining them up one on the bottom of flap and one on the top of flap. Then I cut one piece of white card stock into a square 1 /8 inch smaller and centered and layered it on the top. I had stamped Celebrate across it and added some rhinestones. I took the envelope and stamped here and there all over. And then cut a piece ribbon and attached to the back of the envelope making it long enough to bring around the card and tie in a bow. Now cut a piece of patterned card stock 1 /8 inch larger than the folded card and attached it. 


Next I took a piece of patterned card stock and cut it 4 X 5 and a piece of white card stock cut 1/8 smaller and stamp my sentiment on it and layer it on to the patterned piece. This will slid right into the center of the envelope. 

Now just fold in the gate fold flaps inward and fold over the top flap and tie your bow. You have a sweet card to give someone you care about. 

This was a nice way to use these envelopes. You can make it any theme you need.
Can't wait to make this with you. Sept. 16 at 6:30 pm. at my house. Remember, if you have signed up and can't make it for some unforeseen reason, please text me so I can move someone on the waiting list into your seat.  See you then!
Marye Bird
Passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com
817-999-8223

No comments:

Post a Comment