Passionaltycrafty

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Craft & Crop" Night Craft #1

I am sponsoring a table at a function at church and the theme is Thanksgiving. I created these napkin holders for a setting of 8 using flowers left over from the centerpiece I also created. You know how I love to use recycled materials when ever I can. It saves me money, and there is less going into the land fills. Here I took a paper towel roll and cut it into 8 rings.


Then I covered them with a fall themed 1/12 inch ribbon (found at Jo-Ann's Fabric and Crafts on Clearance) inside and out. I used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the ring, folding the end of the ribbon under to give it a clean look.


 
Here you can see the ribbon I chose and the finished napkin holder.

Since the centerpiece will be on a round table I added a bow to both sides. I used the smaller orange and yellow sunflower style flowers left over, cut them almost flat and hot glued them to my napkin holders then I took the sprigs of long leaves on them and cut them down into small leaves and added them to the napkin holders also. You can make these rings for any occasion. This was so much fun to make and they are beautiful.
Hope you liked them too.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment