Passionaltycrafty

Friday, October 19, 2012

#2 Craft for Octorber "Craft & Crop"

I was looking for something for a ladies event at church and I found an adorable box.
I could not copy it because I did not have the cartridge that was used. The box came from one of my favorite blogs. "Above Rubies Studios". Here is a perfect example of improvising.
 
 
I used Cricut Cartridge "Bridal Shower" Events and cut the bottom and the top of the box at 11".
 
 
I love this cartridge!
It's not just for Baby Showers!
 
 
Set your machine for 11 inches, make sure you do the top at the same size.
 
Next I used "Flower Shoppe" Projects cartridge and cut the flowers.  This cartridge has a variety of Flowers you can create. 
 
Here is a sample done in what for testing the size. You want to cut 9 Flowers of your choice at 3 1/2 inches. If you use a 12X12 piece of card stock you can use the button (Auto Fill) and it will cut 9 for you.
 
Then you will layer them on top of each other
 
 
 
This is what it will look like. Then take each petal and curl it with your fingernail
Then I took cartridge "A Child's Year" on page 37 are the leaves I cut 3 at 2 3/4 and 1 at 2 inches. If you don't have these cartridges take a look at the ones you have and see what can be used instead.
 
Than attach your leaves and this is what you get. You can can pinch the tips and make then look 3-D for a more natural look.
 

 
The finished project is so cute. You can make tags for them, add ribbon or bows. Thanks to "Above Rubies Studios" for the inspiration.
Marye Bird
passionatlycrafty.blog.spot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment