Passionaltycrafty

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

February's 2017 Craft & Crop at the Bird House Craft Project

Here is the new February Craft we will be doing. It is a sweet Gate cover Album. I got the idea for this from a crafty lady over at LM's Crafty Creations.

I made the bones of this album out of recycled chipboard.  Recycling comes from years as a Girl Scout Leader. And saves dollars too!

Here is the Album before I decorated it.


The Binding on either side is 2" thick.

There are 8 tri-fold pages

And has the Gate Fold in front.



Here is the cover after I finished decorating it. I used a Grafic45 paper pack (Time to Celebrate)

On the right, I started with the inside cover, it has a pocket with two sweet note cards. you can layer the backs if you want and journal or put smaller photos.

This is done to both sides of the inside cover.
This album has four pages on each side, two large and two small pages. I started on the right with the small page. You can decorate any way you please. I put a thin pocket at the bottom on the left, layered and inserted one of the note cards from my paper pack. On the right I layered and framed Happy Birthday embellishment and made a tuck spot, where you just adhere one side or top or bottom and then you can stick something up under it. I framed and tucked another note card. 

Next is an example of a large page. The Large pages have a pocket on one side, I made two large mats for photos, and took one of the cards from the pack and framed it. I placed them in the side pocket. On the other side of this folded page is a Belly Band. After decorating I placed a photo mat under the Belly Band. 

When I folded this part of the card over, I embellished it with a stamp, and at the bottom I made a tuck spot and created this note card to slip under it.

When I folded the card over again you have a large pocket where I placed a photo mat and another layered card. Each large page can be done similar to this or you can change it up. 

There are three Booklets for this project that can go into any page you choose, mine went one on each side in a Belly Band.


and the third went in the pocket on the inside back of the album with the flap hanging over the pocket. I also added a couple of photo mats too

Here is the finished project. I put ribbon through the hole I punched and then put the closure through and covered the backing when I covered the inner covers on each side. 

Here is what it looks like from the front of the Gate front Album.

Here is the finished project from the side.

Another front view while laying down on table.

I love how cute this turned out. Don't be intimidated by this project. It was not hard at all. We will make the album but the decorating is up to you. 
I hope you liked the idea. I will give out printed instructions and decor measurements to make it a breeze. 
If you would like to join us for this pretty project. Text me with name and number, and I will add you to the reserved seat list. Remember when the 11 seats are reserved, that is it. I will post the other projects soon. Hope to see you there. 
Marye Bird
Passinatlycrafty.blogspot.com
Text 817-999-8223 call and leave message 817-595-5842

No comments:

Post a Comment